Support Groups for Families
• Healthy Within. wellness center, 5665 Oberlin Drive Suite 206, San Diego 92121. Healthy Within offers ANAD, a free eating disorder support group. You do not need to call ahead to attend these meetings, they are offered free of charge, I AM group. For more information please visit http://www.healthywithin.com/support.htm
Countywide & beyond...
• I Am... Family ANAD Support Group (National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders, Inc.). For more information contact Danielle Beck-Ellsworth (760) 943-3971 or visit http://www.iamhopeandhealing.org/san-diego-ca.html
Support for Individuals
The Rock Church, 2277 Rosecrans St., San Diego 92106. Open meeting for anyone struggling with an eating disorder. support group is occasionally based on the Eating Disorders Anonymous model. Contact Hallie K. (619) 254-7969 or visit http://www.therocksandiego.org/ministries/eatingdisorder/
Serenity Shop 4740 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard, San Diego 92101. Overeaters Anonymous group #39713. Contact Ginnie (858) 546-0300 or visit http://www.serenityshop.signonsandiego.com/1.html
Countywide & beyond...
• Eating Disorders Anonymous, a fellowship of individuals who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problems and help others to recover from their eating disorders. we help one another identify and claim milestones of recovery. The only requirement for membership is a desire to recover from an eating disorder. No dues or fees. http://eatingdisordersanonymous.org/about.html, Find a Group in Your Area
• Food Addicts Anonymous, believes that Food Addiction is a biochemical disorder that cannot be cured by willpower or by therapy alone. This Twelve Step program believes that food addiction can be managed by abstaining from (eliminating) addictive foods, following a program of sound nutrition (a food plan), and working the Twelve Steps of the program. After we have gone through a process of withdrawal from addictive foods many of us have experienced miraculous life-style changes. No dues or fees required for membership, but only a desire to stop eating addictive foods. Our primary purpose is to stay abstinent and help other food addicts to achieve abstinence. http://www.foodaddictsanonymous.org/, Find a Group in Your Area
• I Am... For more information please contact Hallie Kotrla (619) 254-7969, Brenda Piazza, (858) 442-5994, or NikFeliciani, (619) 757-8953 or visit http://www.iamhopeandhealing.org/index.html, Find a Group in Your Area
• Overeaters Anonymous, a fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience, strength and hope, are recovering from compulsive overeating. We welcome anyone who wants to stop eating compulsively. No dues or fees. To find a group in your area, visit http://www.oasandiego.org/oa_meetings.htm or http://www.oa.org/meetings/find-a-meeting.php#
• Overcomers Outreach, Christian recovery support groups using the 12 steps and Scriptures. The meetings provide Christ-centered, recovery support and fellowship for those whose quality of life has suffered due to problems such as:
codependency, addiction to drugs and alcohol, eating disorders, sexual addiction, pornography, gambling, addiction to spending & debt, and attention deficit disorder. http://www.overcomersoutreach.org/, Find a Group in Your Area
• 5 Week Monthly Process Group
When: Saturdays from 12:00PM-2:00pm.
Where: San Diego
Cost: $60 per session=$300 total paid prior to the group to reserve your space. You pay for all five sessions whether you can make them or not. If your insurance reimbursed for group therapy, we can discuss this option.
Note: If you have not worked with Potentia therapists previously, an individual session may be needed for assessment purposes. Additional costs involved. For more information e-mail email@example.com.
Note: a minimum number of participants are needed for this group to launch http://www.iamhopeandhealing.org/events-groups-workshops.html
Back to top